UPDATE: We launched! You can now order MAKE YOUR MARK notebooks from Leaders in Heels notebook page.
"MAKE YOUR MARK notebooks have been designed and beautifully crafted to encourage and inspire women to follow their passion, to be more creative and innovative in their lives, to feel more confident and determined in their endeavours and to maintain
a kind heart while becoming successful"
Why get involved?
Women hold only 5.2 percent of Fortune 500 CEO positions. Gender pay gap in Australia is currently 17.5% and women hold 9.2% of ASX 500 directorships.
Gender equality is not only about fairness and equity, it is about economic prosperity of future generations. It is about making much better use of our talent pool. We desperately need more female leaders…
6 years ago I came to Australia, working as a Management Accountant in the mining industry. I quickly noticed
that there were strong powerful female leaders in Australia …as well as women who were lacking confidence, afraid to articulate their career aspirations.
New to the country and overwhelmed with the variety of cultures I started interviewing senior women to connect with them, develop leadership skills and then share the experiences with other women. 'Leaders
in Heels' was born.
What started as a humble blog in 2011 it now reaches 50,000 page views per month and have over 20,000 social followers run by 7 amazing people and over 30 regular contributors.
After 3 years through Leaders in Heels we have interviewed hundreds of women from a cross section of industries and over 500 articles have been published on leadership, success, career and entrepreneurship. In September this year we created "50|50 Future
Leaders" event promoting new modern approach to management and leadership through diversity. I have also attended over 100 networking, charity and educational events and workshops for women.
"What else can I do to share what I have learned from all the amazing, inspiring people in my life? The lessons I have gathered from people around me, my mentors and influencers, as well as people who have inspired me from afar. The things that helped
me grow incredibly not just as a leader, but as an ambitious, confident, courageous woman."
The answer is MAKE YOUR MARK.
MAKE YOUR MARK notebook
MAKE YOUR MARK is an everyday notebook with a simple goal in mind – to unleash a remarkable leader in every woman on Earth.
While I have been passionately observing women who make their mark in both corporate and entrepreneurial sphere I realised that there were common traits that they all used and shared in their careers. They were
passionate, creative, innovative, confident, determined and kind! These traits are now part of the
Leaders in Heels Manifesto which, for me, is a road map to become a leader in every aspect of my life.
The notebook MAKE YOUR MARK brings to life the Leaders in Heels Manifesto.
The Leaders in Heels Manifesto represents six leadership traits of future female leaders and is a mix of my personal observations, Leaders in Heels readers’ comments on what true leaders are like and my own thoughts and experiences about success, leadership
and life. The manifesto is a road map to become a leader in every aspect of your life.
"Every page of the notebook has been infused with quotes, thoughts and assignments to stimulate a new way of thinking. As you use the notebook daily and focus on each quality chapter by chapter, the traits become habits".
- A5 size (strategically slightly shorter in length so it fits easily in your handbag)
- Elegant stylish cover with matt cello and UV spot (gloss)
- 140 beautifully designed pages
- 6 structured sections inspired by the Leaders in Heels Manifesto – to develop six leadership traits, one at a time:
passion, creativity, innovation, confidence, determination, kindness.
- Each chapter has thoughts and assignments designed to inspire a new way of thinking.
- Each page has been infused with inspirational quotes directly related to these traits.
- Plenty of room to make your own daily notes and thoughts, set your own goals and plan your life at its best.
- Just for this crowd-funding campaign the notebook price is AU$27 with free shipping in Australia and 50% off shipping outside of Australia (RRP AU$29)
- Just for this crowd-funding campaign the notebooks include complimentary Manifesto card
There are three more chapters: Passion, Creativity and Determination.
Why support MAKE YOUR MARK campaign
1. We need more female leaders. The notebook has been designed to encourage and inspire women to follow their passion, to be more creative and innovative in their lives, to feel more confident and determined in their endeavours and to maintain
a kind heart while becoming successful.
2. First in best dressed. All notebooks purchased during the crowdfunding page are discounted (AU$27 instead of RRP $29) and have free shipping within Australia or 50% off shipping outside of Australia and to make this deal even sweeter
they include complimentary Manifesto card. This will not be available after the campaign is finished.
3. Be the one who made this beautiful inspirational notebook available to the world. This is a perfect gift to inspire your staff or young girls and bring empowerment to every woman's life.
Additionally, for every dollar pledged above the tipping point we will donate 15% to support the work of Dress for Success. It is an amazing charity that provides women in need with professional clothing, a network of support, practical
skills and mentoring – free of charge – to improve their employability and achieve economic independence. By purchasing the notebook you can be sure that you are giving a gift not just to yourself but also to other women in need.
"I created this notebook to inspire you and wake up a leader in YOU."
"Life is like a pen and you have the power to draw whatever you can imagine, but the ink is limited so make sure you use it wisely and create the life you love. Start crafting your ‘brand new’ from today. Forget about the past. Your future starts now."
~ Kasia Gospos
How you can get involved
Simply order the MAKE YOUR MARK notebook for you and other amazing women in your llfe or choose one of the other rewards and perks. You can even join me for dinner or become a MAKE YOUR MARK patron.
You can also show your love by sharing our campaign over social media using share buttons on this page, tweeting about the notebook, blogging about the campaign or reaching out to friends in a personal email.
I am also happy to answer any questions if you would like to contact me for an interview or write a story.
Find out more about us
Ways to contact us
Email: Contact form
Special thanks to:
- My dearest friends, mentors and Leaders in Heels team: Nino Laygan, Leanne Yong, Patrycja Dziubek, Li Peng, Devika Mohotti, Ozlem Beldan, Laura Diakow, Arienne Gorlach, Diana Ryall, Simon Robson, Sally Miles, Ceci Jubilee (and more.. I am pretty sure I
missed someone) for their continuous feedback and lots of lots of patience
- Ozlem Beldan and Arienne Gorlach for sparking the creation of this notebook
- Ozlem Beldan (once again!) for coming up with the title idea
- Dan Alcantara (my NY respondent!), Patrycja Dziubek and Stephanie Game for their beautiful photos that were used in the notebook to feature the best quotes
- Rebecca Saunders and Zoltan Deak from Delicatessen for creating this awesome video
- Anna Jihad for her amazing graphic design and again lots of patience
- Yolanda Floro - I know you will do everything to make this campaign a success!
- Ozlem Beldan and Arienne Gorlach for co-authoring some of the pages of the notebook