Food is killing us, slowly. We want to change that: it should be nurturing us – all of us.
– A network of NGO:s requesting our team to focus on the very important issue of food
– The contents of an action oriented workbook for households
– The knowledge and experience to produce material (and programs) that lead to long-term behaviour change
– To scale up our work of helping people to live increasingly sustainably
– To provide our network and others with a workbook for households, inspiring action in regard to the family’s food habits
– To see if crowdfunding is a faster way to bring about meaningful change
The means to design, print and distribute the workbook
The Global Action Plan International secretariat is a team that coordinates a community of NGOs and individual members who work with behaviour change programs based on empowerment and action as the core concepts. The team also develops and coordinates
action research in the field of sustainable behaviour change. Read about our members and some projects/programs
here. Our empowering ‘how-to’ books have been adapted and published in many countries and are used in adult courses as well as schools.
Workbook examples from Ukraine
Last year our members asked us to turn our attention to the problems caused by food, and we in our turn, turn to you for help to carry this out.
Our huge changes in eating habits over the past 50 years are:
– Creating a global ‘epidemic’ of ill health
– Contributing more than any other sector to climate change and pollution of soil and water
– Wasting up to 40% of all the food produced
IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY!
We changed once, we can do it again.
– An empowering ‘how-to’ book enabling households to help turn the food cycle from killing to nurturing.
– Easy Action Steps – carefully selected proposals – for achieving better health, climate & environment, and less waste
– Inspiring stories of people and communities doing things differently
– Recipes from families as well as top chefs
– A content design that rests on researched principles that support empowerment and lasting behaviour change
This is what we need to publish the book: