Young people who want to create social change need access to the right people and resources to get their projects off the ground. Help us support their work!
The Vibewire Hub is a co-working space opened by Vibewire in 2006 and focused on supporting younger (<36) social innovators to participate in creating change.
Access to the Vibewire Hub is usually on a user-pays basis but with your help we want to raise the funds to offer scholarships to three teams of young innvoators working on three critical challenges confronting our community.
We want to give three social startups the space, resources and mentoring they need in order to have the best chance of success. We want to find people with great ideas and support them to make those ideas happen with no cost restrictions.
But we need your help to get there!
Support Social Startups to take action on issues that you care about.
We will be supporting young people (aged 18 - 35) who are launching Social Startups that sit within, and drive action on the following areas:
Once we reach the campaign tipping point, we will begin accepting applications from social startups who require the support and resources provided by this campaign.
Campaign supporters get to vote for their favourite Social Startups, helping to choose the innovations which will drive change on these critical issues.
$3000 will allow us to support THREE Projects in the Vibewire Hub for 3 MONTHS each.
$6000 will allow us to support THREE projects in the Vibewire Hub for 6 MONTHS.
WHERE DOES THE FUNDING GO?
This funding would allow us to offer three great social changemakers a fully sponsored full-time workspace at the Vibewire Hub – a social and creative coworking space close to the Sydney CBD on Harris St Ultimo.
The Vibewire Hub will provide each social startup with:
- 24/7 access to a coworking space
- WIFI, meeting area, printing, scanning, kitchen & bathroom facilities
- Access to a community of passionate and driven entrepreneurs and freelancers who also work at the Vibewire Hub.
- A mentor who will meet regularly with the Social Startup, and provide them with advice, skills and networks.
- At least three workshops that will skill-up the Social Startup in the areas of business planning, marketing, fundraising, idea generation etc.
- Marketing, multimedia and promotional support from Vibewire.