We can reduce health care costs here and around the world by millions of dollars by providing natural and organic food to homeless shelters and food pantries.
The Quality Foods For Everyone Program, under the umbrella Lead: World Sustainability and Personal Empowerment Program, is designed to provide natural and organic food for the very people who need it most - those whose health have been compromised through poverty, homelessness and stress. Any doctor would confirm, better food makes for better health. Simultaneously, we also provide food for the mind by giving all contributors free online personal empowerment life coaching. We believe in a win-win model for everyone.
I have been asked to present this sucessful model at the United Nation's World Assembly Of Youth conference this August so that it can be expanded to food security challenged areas around the world. The Secretary General would like me to have a minimum of 150 signed up by the first week in August to demonstrate an enthusiasm for the idea.
Here are some picture samples of what we get in a typical day of donations to The Samaritan House Homeless Shelter in Denver, CO. where I work:
When you contribute to the QFE program, we purchase and donate better quality food than this, providing a simple, hands on way we can directly improve our health care system.
The online life coaching gift we provide contributors is an extension of the consulting work I do for emerging leaders with the World Assembly Of Youth. My classes include the following:
1. Personal Development. This video class covers everything from money management to the benefits of yoga.
2. Jobs/Opportunities. We list green job opportunities from around the world.
3. Leadership Development. We help emerging leaders implement compassion, vision, connectedness and love into their leadership models.
4. Inspirational Message. We inspire our leaders with an inspirational message with captivating video and music.
5. Sustainability Ideas. We list sucessful sustainability ideas from around the world.
What happens when I contribute to the QFE program?
Four things happen:
1. For every $7 you contribute, $2 of those dollars will go to purchasing natural and organic food to be donated to homeless shelters around the country.
2.You will support the development of small business, as we will purchase from independent natural and organic food stores.
3. We will use the remaining $5 to produce and deliver online life coaching empowerment classes directly to you.
4. You will support our effort to provide these same classes to young leaders in emerging countries around the world, incorporating vision, sustainability and love into their leadership models.
The Tipping Point
Our tipping point number was arrived at when we asked three basic questions:
1. What number in dollars do we need before we can implement a workable model that allows us to provide natural and organic food to 10 homeless shelters in the US?
2. What number will afford us the resources to produce and regularly deliver online life empowerment classes to our contributors?
3. What number does the Secretary General with the World Assembly Of Youth would like to see us arrive at so we can provide our empowerment classes to emerging leaders around the world?
The number we arrived at is $12,600.
If I were given $12,600 today I could accomplish the following:
A. Purchase $360 in natural and organic food for each shelter, taking advantage of the 15% discount our partner stores would give us for a purchase over $300.
B. Cover the costs and produce the online class videos and fulfillment of classes to our contributors for 12 months.
C. Provide a working model as requested by the WAY Secretary General. This would allow us to expand the online classes to emerging leaders worldwide.
The Goal Amount
If I were given the goal amount of $50,400 today, I could accomplish the following:
A. Expand our partner stores to 40 nationwide, allowing us to provide natural and organic foods to 40 shelters while meeting the $300 purchase mark to take advantage of the 15% discount.
B. Fund our production and fulfillment capacity in delivering online class videos as we start to provide online classes to all of our contributors as well as emerging leaders around the world in WAY.
The QFE program is addressing an immediate need that is simple to set up, implement and could have immediate return. It is a model that will help address health care costs and needs here in the States and food security issues around the globe while empowering others. We believe this model will set the tone for how the world does business in the years to come.