Our vision at Chekad TV is to shift the perceptions and opinions of all Afghans in a positive way, allowing people to change their lives through new views and better cultural understanding by superior and more informative programming.
The company hopes to embody an operation that allows transformative ideas to effect change in Afghanistan's society. We hope that by introducing education and community involvement into our programming people will react to the voices, ideas, and new methods of thought to change the community around them.
Chekad TV proudly stands for and operates under seven fundamental guiding principles.
1. Upgrading public awareness of Afghan society
2. Improvement of the social, cultural and political knowledge of Afghan society
3. Development of human rights ideals, freedom of speech, and extension of democratic values
4. Providing a forum and discussion ground for Afghan intellectuals, scientists, and professors in a framework of sound dialogues for establishment of a culture of compromise and tolerance
5. Broadcasting of free, neutral, fair and honest information
6. Respect for others’ points of view to prove freedom of speech without hurting others
7. Special focus on women and children
Chekad TV is creating a new TV platform using crowd-sourced video, text, voice messaging, and written notes to bring together the ideas and the methods for making change. We are compiling documentaries, news stories, community programs, and the needs of the people of Herat to understand the best ways to reach our audiences. Our commitment to our founding principles holds us to our vision. We use that in every decision we make, from what content to produce, how we source and produce it, to the relationships we choose to build, and the advertisements we will elect to air.
We allow the community to tell us where the needs for change exist, and leverage our platform to make it happen.
We come from a community where resiliency is our everyday life. We know that by showcasing the ideas of the community and using our platform to bring civic engagement, community activism, and social programming to the people, we can educate and reform our society in a way that positively impacts all people, not just those directly around us. Afghanistan has not been an easy place for most people, but we believe that we can help tolerance and acceptance through showcasing what our community has to offer in the most effective way.
We need help from others to make such change occur, but the people of Herat and Afghanistan are committed to developing our society to make it a place of understanding, education, and respect for all.