Real Good Food is a trading, sales and organizational platform for home cooks and local food artisans to uncover and celebrate the wealth of good food in their communities
Food Connect Sydney’s mission is to grow healthy food communities by delivering seasonal boxes of sustainable produce direct from your local farmers.
A friendly workers co-operative cafe with fresh, tasty food and drinks. Subtly (not preachily) promoting veganism as a kinder way to eat, and dispelling notions of bland boring food.
Grow Dat Youth Farm’s mission is to nurture a diverse group of young leaders through the meaningful work of growing food. We bring this mission to life by hiring teenagers to grow food for their community on our farm. 60% of the produce we grow is sold at local farmers markets and to restaurants. The other 40% is shared with New Orleanians who don't have access to fresh, healthy food. Through the work of farming, our youth employees learn how to work together, communicate effectively, cook delicious meals and provide for their community.
Our Youth Garden Program engages youth from low resource communities in a paid garden internship, health & nutrition education, cooking, counseling & academic support.
Love re-appropriating common objects to have even more uses and longer lives? Hate the landfill? Support our young company and help us launch the EcoJarz Stainless Steel Drink Top, which makes any standard small-mouthed jar into a safe-for-you and the environment to-go mug!
We compile a “coupon book” for the families in East Oakland to bring access to healthy foods and information. Obesity has become a serious issue in our communities. This coupon book will address that issue and becoming easily accessible to community members. This is a tool for building power in our neighborhoods through awareness of healthy food options.
Original Green's wholly integrated local food system allows low-income residents to grow, keep and distribute fresh produce at our urban farming sites.
Promoting positive change one seed at a time. Sales of these unique collections of heritage seeds help create new jobs in Vancouver's Downtown Eastside as well as help develop sustainable food growing programs at Vancouver’s inner city schools, daycares and community centres.
Haitian Reality: Parents give their kids to orphanages because they can't feed them. HaitiCoF helps these kids - especially neglected and vulnerable kids. Help us start a small farm to feed our brood and provide work to mothers in our program so they can earn money, feed their children - and keep them out of bad orphanages. Our aim: Give these mothers an opportunity for self-sufficiency in a sustainable and healthy way. The HaitiCoF family home benefits from reduced food costs; women benefit by selling produce at market to help keep their families intact. Win-Win deserves donations.